Friday 12 February 2016

Oh how i have missed those GOOGLEY EYES!!

Hattie and Frog have safely arrived home after a safe and easy flight, a steady landing, and they even managed to catch their train from the airport at the correct time too . . .
. . . Awww aren't they so clever!!


They came POSITIVELY BOUNCING into the garden at around 4am this morning, MY WORD I bet the neighbours didn't know what was going on, they really do need to learn to be a little less CLUMSEY on their hooves, and a little Shhhhhh wouldn't do any harm either,THANKFULLY they didn't wake the Mini Funky's. 

Never mind the noise, I'm just glad they are home safe. 
After a coffee for me, and an apple tea for the GeeGee's,
 I sat ready and eager to hear ALL ABOUT THEIR ADVENTURE!!

 Oh and what an ADVENTURE it sounds!!


They sat waving their little fetlocks in the air, Hattie's feathers kept hitting Frog in the eye balls causing him to need to wipe his eyes and whilst doing so, elbowing Hattie in the ear! If you could of seen them, HILARIOUS, they were so over exited as they tried to tell me about it their train of thought was all over the place, i got snippets and half stories followed by a complete new story, and then ending up back where we started on the original story that was being told . . . CONFUSING i know! And without gaps between words can be a little difficult to follow cohesively.

They seem to have been to many places, bus tours to posh big buildings, cathedrals, theatre's, art galleries, a park with a huge water fountain (Apparently great for a drink mid tour) and also they had their photo's taken next to a HUGE BELL!! Hattie said both he and Frog had tried to lift it but it was just too heavy, one of the guards came over and asked what they were doing, when they replied 'We are going to ring the bell, they were  told "It doesn't ring". I explained to them that some of these things are so old they don't work anymore but people like to be able to see them and touch them and take photos of them. Frog's reply was "What is the point in a bell that doesn't ring?" Raising my eyebrows i explained that once upon a time it would of rang. Sometimes its best to just change the subject, so i asked if they had taken any photographs while they were away. Another coffee and a second serving of Apple tea for the GeeGee's and we had giggled our way through many a captured memory. Their photography skills are pretty good, and i'm very impressed the camera came back in one piece and only needing a good clean.

They did mention the Segways, they told me they had great fun riding them round the city and it was nice to rest their legs, Apparently they are really good on them. I just ZIPPED MY MOUTH and well RAISED MY EYEBROWS, I can't exactly say anything can I ??

After looking through umpteen photos and listening to the details as they projected it so excitedly, we realised it was almost time for the Mini Funky's to get up for school and i would need to return to Mama Funky mode. Just before the GeeGee's went off to rest their googley eyes from their long trip they said i had to CLOSE MY EYES they had a SURPRISE??

A little worried at what i would open my eyes to i slowly closed them and took a deep breath hoping that i wouldn't open them to a huge cleaning or property damage bill.

1.2.3 OK YOU CAN OPEN YOUR EYES . . . 

 . . . Slowly and trying to be optimistic i opened my eyes -


OH MY WORD, WHAT A FUNKY SURPRISE I OPENED MY EYES TO :)

THEY BROUGHT ME HOME A PRESENT, A RUSSIAN DOLL!!
Awwwwwww, HOW CUTE???

I have been playing with it since getting it, i forgot how much fun they were as a child, so simple yet so fascinating, BIG to LITTLE, put them in a line, put them all back together . . .

. . . SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeech!!

Yeh i also forgot how much i CRINGE with the squeak of the wood, It goes right through me. YIKES! Like nails on a chalkboard, Screech through the bones!

I am so thankful for my gift from them both, how sweet to know they have been somewhere and bought me something to give me a little piece of their adventure too, Soooo sweet, i'm so lucky to have these FUNKY GeeGee's around me, and BOY they come with a whole HEAP of entertainment and humour !!

Here i am with my little gift from Hattie and Frog . . .  I LOVE IT!!





My Russian doll . . . Thankyou GeeGee's xxx

I'm over the moon they have had great fun, I bet they sleep well tonight!! 

There will be no better feeling for those GeeGee's than being back in their own bed and able to use the toilet when they choose and not when they 'finally manage to get the toilet seat lid up'
 (Hattie's exact words!)

 However they are already chatting among themselves about where they would like to visit next . . . 

 . . . They seriously make me GIGGLE OUT LOUD,
These Funky GeeGee's!!!

Catch up soon ~ Miss Funky xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment