Saturday 20 February 2016

A spring day followed by WINTER!

Teasing us, that is my theory on the current weather!!

We have had a two day Spring to be thrown directly back into winter, There is only one thing for it, I'm going to start drawing some Spring and Summer time cartoons, cheer my Funky butt up!!


The school holidays are almost over and for the middle of the week we were given a real treat, SUNSHINE, yes you did here me right, SUNSHINE! So what do you do when you are blessed with a sunny day? Get out in it of course.



Good job we did because today we were welcomed on awakening with high winds, showers and a bitter nip in the wind threatening us with snow. Not so fun. The wind is ROARING so angry, my garden is playing music like it is part of a band and the trees? Well i'm sure they are practicing YOGA! The trampoline is pinned down with everything that has weight, so far it has stayed where it should be. It is just so noisy and fierce out there, i really hope the wind drops by tomorrow, the weather forecast doesn't seem to think so. To switch off from the noise i decided to draw, just a quick one inspired by my racing heart each time there is a gust of wind and how our GeeGee's must feel at times too when expecting the fetlock eating monster.


I'm not expecting the fetlock eating monster, but i am expecting some sort of damage, I'm hopeful everything is tied down enough and the winds pass soon. Until then i shall no dount keeping jumping everytime a sudden gust lifts up a plant pot or something similar and flies it across the pavement. YIKES!

The couple of nice days i suppose were just a teaser and a reminder that actually WINTER isn't done with us yet. So i have been thinking about Spring and Summer Funky drawings and seeing palm tree's, GeeGee's in grass skirts eating ice cream in my mind, well it has made me smile. I was looking at some of my previous Summery paintings and it gave me that warm fill the air with coconut kind of feeling.

Here is a couple for you to get that warm fill the air with coconut kinda feeling . . . 



I have just finished making Sparky pony her door sign, I asked the Mini Funky's what they wanted Sparky pony to be doing, they said DANCING!! Hahaha, Sparky pony dancing, now that would be a good one to see, she is a very laid back little thing i'm sure to Sparky dancing is TOO MUCH LIKE HARD WORK, Hahaha.  So I set to work making her Funky version DANCE . . .

 . . . What do you think? FUNKY? Well the Mini Funky's certainly think so, they LOVE IT and we cannot wait to see it up on her door and see what Sparky thinks of it. My Guess? She will gulp hard and hope that is not our training plan. The Mini Funky's thoughts? Sparky does this kind of stuff all the time while we are not around. Hahahaha, TOTALLY!



I also did a sign for Mr Funky's Dad, he wanted me to make a sign for his friend who owns a tiny little dog, he wanted a dogs head illustration in caricature style and me to write on it somewhere along the bottom 'Little but Lethal'. I doodled a few ideas, but they looked boring, So i FUNKY'd it up a bit and i doodled the design for this one and showed him it as a watercolor pencil sketch, His face said it all, FUNKY ENOUGH?I asked him. Like that yes was my reply . . .

 . . . Father in laws, tough customers hahaha, But TOTALLY WORTH the critic :)


Here is the finished product, well once it has been varnished and has it's house number put on. I think its quite COOL, and as i don't draw dogs very often, GOOD PRACTICE for me :)



I have another doorsign to do for a friend of mine, she has a little grey Welsh pony that keeps her Welsh cob company. She has a sign for her other horse i did a couple of years ago and He was running a bar so to match we have come up with a great design based around a coctail bar a pink fluffy clubbing boots, hahahaha. I can't wait to see this one finished :)

I'm also working on a page for this blog which will be WIP (Works in progress) From sketch to Finish. I think it's nice watching the cartoons go from a vague pencil sketch to jumping off the page to become FUNKY. I shall let you all know once i have it sorted.

Well i'm off now to wind down and switch off from the chaos outside. Tomorrow i plan to do some varnishing and work on the other sign, i also want to try get some ideas of something nice to make Nanna's for mothers day so the Mini Funky's can give something nice and homemade by their own little tiny fingers, bless them.

Catch up soon ~ Miss Funky xx



No comments:

Post a Comment